Device turns off but display says it doesnt

Is this a bug?
I’m using an ipad iOS v10.3.2
Sense app v1.13.0

I’m seeing a lot of instances where the timeline says a device has turned off but the device’s bubble never disappears. This happens multiples time per day.

Here’s an example:

The device really does turn off. The timeline is reporting it correctly. It’s the bubble that is incorrect.

Thanks for making us aware of this! We’ll look into this.

A few questions that will be helpful as we track this down:

1. What happens when you close the app and reopen it? Does the bubble correct itself?
  2. Do you leave the app open for long periods of time?
  3. Have you noticed this happen with a particular device? Or has it happened with multiple devices?

To answer your questions

1. What happens when you close the app and reopen it? Does the bubble correct itself?
    It fixes itself.

2. Do you leave the app open for long periods of time?
    Yes. The app is usually the only thing I use on the ipad so its almost always on when the ipad is running.

3. Have you noticed this happen with a particular device? Or has it happened with multiple devices?
    It seems to only be associated with 1 device, the dishwasher. The dishwasher is unique of all my devices as the power draw can change significantly as it goes through it’s cycle.

When I switch to the usage chart for that device, it shows the device drawing 170 watts for the duration I have that chart open, even though its off. If I then close that window, wait awhile, then reopen the chart, where the previous chart showed 170 watts, it now shows 0 watts being drawn but then it shows 170 watts from the time I re-opened the window. So it fixes old data when the power chart is opened but continues with bad data after it is opened. Its hard to explain.