Specify Always On devices

We all have “always on” devices.

Wouldn’t it be good to be able to enter a bunch of your devices that are “always on” that remove the total from the “Always On” category.

I would say you should either have a Watt measuring device, or use Sense, by temporarily powering that device on and off and watching the difference in the sense monitor.

If these devices collectively use more than the “Always on” it would result in a negative value, but I suspect it would be close.

It would be nice to list out some common “always on” devices and estimated draw… I like that idea.

So am I to understand that Sense will never identify these devices because they are never turned on and off?

[quote=“davidferri, post:3, topic:441, full:true”]
So am I to understand that Sense will never identify these devices because they are never turned on and off?[/quote]

Yes (unless there are some characteristics during operation that can be recognized, and that they know how much power that device uses - this is very doubtful)

It would be nice if you could enter your manually determined Always On devices and their power draw so that they could be included in the running cost breakdown.

They could be footnoted to indicate that these are user supplied estimates. Obviously this would be for each user separately (local to their app).

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have plans to make Always On a little more of a known quantity. We’ll keep this in mind.

I wish you could hit the Always On bubble and be taken into a list of devices that are always on… For example, I leave my computer running 24/7 but I would love to know how much power it uses each month… Sure I could figure that out manually outside the app but that’s besides the point…

Is there anyway for it to discover my computer if I turn it off, back on, etc? If I did, and it did discover it, would it then show me it was on 24/7 or would it move that power over to “always on” ?

Thanks for any replies.