Time based energy cost

i don’t know about everyone in other states, but under PG&E in my part of California, we have peak use and off peak use times. and costs vary based on the time of day.
example:
2pm-8pm = $0.36Kw
8pm-2pm = $0.24Kw

it would be nice to be able to do that in sense to get an accurate reading of daily/monthly costs.

They’re working on it! APS here in AZ is ridiculously complicated.

That’s crazy expensive power even at off-peak times!

Really need this feature.

We have an “Electric Vehicle” rate with both time of day & calendar dimensions.
11p-7a every day is super off peak
2p-7p M-F from June 1 to Sept 30 is peak (except holidays)
7a-11p is off peak other than when overridden by peak

Right again, @NJHaley. We are hoping to get this into the app soon. Thanks for your patience!

While I’m not experiencing any where near the TOD Rates that @craft211 has, my utility, Excel, is threatening to implement TOD rate as follows:
• On-Peak = $0.18 per kWh 2pm - 6pm
• Shoulder = $0.13 per kWh 9am - 2pm & 6pm - 9pm
• Off-Peak = $0.08 per kWh 9pm - 9am

I installed the Sense monitor to let me know what to expect my new billing will be and the cost of moving my big users to off-peak. My EV is my biggest user. Looking forward to tagging it’s load.

Mine changes depending on the season. It will also be preferred if the rate we input into the app does not affect costs calculated for previous months(historical data). My utility has rate increases and decreases year over year. They cut the rate 30% last year and its the lowest its been in 5yrs so it is bound to go up again