What’s New in iOS v1.8.0, Android v1.5.0

Can someone please tell me how to delete unused old devices? I do not see the option to delete. Thank you.

Sure @stevekdcl, just go to the devices tab, select the device to delete and tap the “report a problem” button at the bottom then it will give you the option to delete.

Thank you.

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the new feedback options. I’m wondering if you can dive in a little deeper on the conventions the folks in R&D would like to see when the various scenarios below arise. I’ve tried to follow your simple guidelines, but sometimes the situation is more complex.

• A device I have labeled as Garbage Disposal is detected. And 90% of the time the identification is correct, but this time it’s really the Trash Compactor that has triggered the “Garbage Disposal” identification. Do you want us to flag as “Device is Not On” or would you rather have us flag as a custom problem “Detecting Trash Compactor as Garbage Disposal”

• The Garage Door is detected going on, but because of many other switching events, the Sense misses the off identification and the Garage Door stays identified for several minutes. Do you want us to flag as “Device is Not On” or would you rather have us flag as a custom problem “Garage Door off transition was not detected”

• Half the time my main refrigerator is detected as Fridge 1 and half the time it is detected as Fridge 3. Do I just pick one of the two names for the real main fridge, and flag detection of the main fridge under the other name as “Device is Not On” or would you rather have us flag as a custom problem “Fridge 1 is the same device as Fridge 3” ?

Sorry to be pedantic, but these are the questions I ask myself when I try to provide feedback via the current mechanism.

1 Like

These are great questions, Kevin! I talked with our data science team to see what would be the most helpful:

1. In the garbage disposal scenario, it’d be best to use the ‘Device is not on’ feature.
  2. Likewise, if Sense misses your garage door’s ‘off’, I would use the ‘Device is not on’ feature.
  3. In the fridge case, it would be best to flag this as a custom problem.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or points of clarification regarding this feature!

2 Likes

Very helpful ! Thanks Ben ! I’ll do as your data science team recommends.