What's this in usage chart?

I was looking at the trends page and noticed some oddly named devices in the list. Any idea what they are? @BradAtSense?

That’s strange indeed! Did these just start appearing this morning?

Sorry for the troubles!!

Looks like NDI in action ?

I couldn’t say when it started, but this is the first time I noticed it. I was wondering if it might be something to do with detection in progress but the usage is so small. I also have a couple of others in the list that show 0 watt usage for the billing period.

Do you have any networked devices in your house that have MAC addresses that end in those same hex sequences ?

I have several networked devices. I’ll check when I get home.

Oh and by the way, these do not show up on the device list, only in trends.

Strange, I have three listed in my app.

Mine seems to have corrected itself. I took a screenshot and the numbers do not seem related to MAC address on my network

I’ve seen these for the last couple days. They’re not MAC addresses in my case for sure. They appear to be related to combined devices, because they only show up when the combined device is on.

They started appearing with the latest Android app beta.

1 Like

Those are device IDs generated by Sense for each device discovered. Like the device ID each device is given on a Google Sheet used through IFTTT. A serial number that sticks to the device, no matter what you name it, even if you change your device TYPE from fridge to space heater.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … V heart V

1 Like

I also noticed your naming confidence level is 0.1%… Either you have something that very few Sense users have (rare), or the naming confidence level is now sorting from low to high… I think the presence of device ID instead of names represents unnamed mystery devices from other users home’s that match your device signature… Wild guess, though.
… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … V heart V

The 0.1% is based on usage stats not naming convention.

This was mine when I noticed it yesterday

1 Like

Right… I may not have been as clear as I thought.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.