The classic question that would help with expectation setting and Smartplug usage.
“How long will it take Sense to find my device ?” or “How likely is it that Sense will identify my XYZ ?”
And the ancillary questions:
• How many on/off repetitions are needed ?
• What makes for an easy to identify signature vs a hard to identify one ?
- Device type - simple AC motor, vs Variable AC, vs DC motor, etc.
- Power usage magnitude ? Detecting a 3W signature vs 300W vs 3kW ?
- Other power/energy usage features - phase, ramp rates, runtime
• Which devices should I expect not to see identified today ?
All subject to the caveat that this info would be out-of-date with Sense’s next breakthrough.