How are you?

@ixu I thought Sugarfish was hosting games of four square when I first saw that photo.

@kevin1 It seems as long as there’s internet, millennials are transitioning well into a mandatory stay-at-home quarantine. I’ve been meaning to put everything in my desk area (monitors, speakers, etc.) on a KASA Smart Plug. Maybe it’s time.

@ramon great board game collection. I have Catan and Risk and both are getting old quickly.

3 Likes

At some point your closet clearly gained sentience and became a game in itself.

I’m getting heavy Myst vibes from @kevin1’s garden. Not sure where that leads in the world of fantasy games other than fantasy-games-based-on-kevins-garden so a Steam sim should be relatively easy if the family braintrust, which I’m sure can come up with the ability to do LiDAR scanning, sends you a few models to get things going. For the role-playing aspects I’d love to see disdyakis triacontahedron “DeviceDice”.

2 Likes

@ixu Oh yeah, especially that bottom section with the kids games. It’s like Jenga!

@JustinAtSense If you’re looking for something new: Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, and Splendor are good 2 player games that scale up to 4 players pretty well. They are easy to learn too.

2 Likes

Update from my original post, now that I have more data. Daycare has now been closed for two weeks, so the kids are at home (20-month-old twins).

Increased consumption related to COVID:

• No longer can the house be cold except for my wife’s office. The house has to be warm all day now for the kids. Most of this increase would show up in natural gas consumption, but the HVAC fan makes a difference here too.
  • Stove and oven use has increased to make food for the kids (some batching takes place, so we may not use it for every meal).

Decreased consumption related to COVID:

• No gas used driving to daycare (5 miles each way, twice a day).
  • We normally use cloth diapers only on weekends because daycare doesn’t allow them, but now we’re cloth diapering all the time (except for sleep), so a dramatic decrease in disposable diaper consumption (from about 75/week to 14/week).

Other non-COVID-related changes:

• Indoor seed starting started sometime the first week of March. There’s a heating mat (107W that runs nearly constantly) and three 45W grow lights (on for about 14 hours per day).
  • We started a DWC hydroponic tank on March 29: 150W grow light on for about 14 hours per day, small air pump (unknown consumption on all the time)

My month view in the Sense app reports that my usage in March was 51% higher than February. :sob: I realize that March’s usage should have been about 7% higher anyway just from the number of days (31 vs. 29), but there’s another 44% tied up in the things above.

2 Likes

So I’m a government employee so we remain fully operational through all this. I’m still going to work every day although with a lot more protections in place etc. My family remains home driving up my “always on” numbers while i work. lol.

In my spare time I’ve taken up a new hobby / project and that’s using my 3D printer that was mostly just a fun side hobby and now printing protective face shields and strain relief straps for medial teams. People in my neighborhood have donated stuff here and there and my 3D printer is now working OT printing this stuff.

3 Likes

This is really cool, @charles.dilger.
We have a 3D printer in our office (we’re all working from home now). We had some conversations with our hardware team looking into how we could help with mask production. What’s your mask output look like p/day?

I’m running a maker gear m2 which can print 18 straps at a time in about 4 hours or 4 face shields in about 5 hours. I typically clear and reload 3 rounds for day some times 4 as I’m still working and don’t always catch it. so 12-16 masks per day.

1 Like

If you want to help I can email the STL files so you can print them too.

Hey Charles! No ones permitted in our office right now but I’d love the STL files in case something changes on that front. If you want to share those it’d be much appreciated. I’ll direct message you with my email.