Overlay Usage Of Two devices

Hi,

I would like to have the ability to overlay the usage of two devices in “Power Meter” mode to be able to correlate the on/off times b/w devices. This might help w/ device identification. For instance I have one device that was detected (AC2) but I don’t have 2 ACs in the house. Support is telling me that it is actually a motor, and I’ve seen it being on around the same time that my dryer is on (but not all the time). Right now my thinking is that this device gets triggered during a certain dryer cycle, but I’m not able to overlay energy usage of the two devices to confirm this. The Day/Week/Month is just not granular enough to do this kind of analysis.

Agree that that would be a useful precursor to merging (or not). For the short term, could you temporarily merge ? That at least give you away to overlay, though without seeing each separate. It’s undoable, so not harmful.

The other half of a 240V device showed up. Please make this easier to identify in the app

The ability to overlay two (or more) devices in one view with each device’s usage a different color on a chart would have been useful for me here.

The ability for device overlay would be very useful before merging devices. I have a dishwasher which I think has 3 or 4 devices that are associated with it. Determining that they only came on within the same time period (when the dishwasher was running) would be very helpful.

I was getting ready to make such a post about this. my dehumidifier randomly started being detected under a new device last November. so I have Dehumidifier and Dehumidifier 2. Before I merge the 2, I’d like to overlay the meters to see if Dehumidifier 2 is picking up parts of the cycle or something else entirely before it finally started accurately getting the dehumidifier again.

Right now it appears that I would have to take screenshots of the device meters on my phone (can’t see the meter for an individual device on the app), and overlay them in gimp or photoshop. but a feature like this built in would be nice.

@kevin1 this is kind of what I was referring to before. the market for this device is for people who don’t necessarily need the app to figure out everything for them, it just needs to give them access to the data and tools, at various skill levels, that enables them to do it themselves. hopefully as I figure out Python, more doors will open to me with api and so forth.