Investigating: Sense shows device is On but it's not (Web App)

Count me in as having this problem. Happens all the time. Device tab on web app is useless anymore.

Chrome user and the web app is unreliable. About the only thing I feel confident about is my timeline. Bubble and devices are a loss. Sad.

Same thing here. Windows 10 with latest version of Edge. I agree with the above comment about cookies or possibly some sort of variable not being reset/used properly.

We pushed out a fix to this recently, so it’s troubling that you’re still experiencing the issue. Please write into Support if you haven’t already and we’ll take a look.

https://www.sense.com/contact

I was shown OPERA by @pswired. I was an edge and Firefox user with the same problems. Switching to Opera has made the difference and is now my default browser for all use

I had/have a similar problem that I reported to tech support. Before the fix it was limited to Safari not being correct. IOS and Chrome were the same and accurate Now the view in safari shows one set of active devices, Chrome another, and iOS a third “accurate” list.

I will rereport it to tech support.

Resetting my browsers history causes a lot of other hassles but I’ll try it again and see what happens.

Steve

I keep getting notifications that lights are on when they are clearly off. Anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like you have another device similar enough that Sense is recognizing as your lights.
Hard to say with limited information.
We’re the lights a solid detection that reported with great accuracy until now?
Is Sense just missing the “off” signature or is this dealing with the moment an “on” notification is delivered?
Have you done any investigative work so far?

FYI i have an open ticket with support. In IOS all is well in Safari or Chrome I see devices on that aren’t.

1 Like

I see the same things with a light, my computer and my entertainment system which are all on TP-Link HS110 Energy units. I am guessing they momentarily lose internet connection (perhaps) or something else as I know they are not changing state when Sense is telling me they are. These changes are usually only for a few minutes at a time.

Is this happening in both mobile and web? Just mobile? Just web?

For Web, see this thread: Investigating: Sense shows device is On but it's not (Web App) - #15 by stevehoyt. It’s a known issue. A fix was released and seems to have solved it for some people, but not everybody. We’re working on it.

If by mobile you mean away from home I only do that a couple times a year. It is happening with the WEB APP running on Safari and Chrome on my IMAC. IOS on my iPad and iPad Pro seem to be right most of the time. The issue is logged with ticket number(124436) if you want to see whats going on.

Steve

There have been many posts about this lately and appears to affect mobile only. By mobile that would be a web browser and not the IOS or Android apps.
I had it start happening about a month ago and switched to Opera, no problem now.
I was using Edge and Firefox originally.

By mobile, I’m referring to the mobile apps, i.e., iOS and Android. This seems to be only happening on Web Apps. I’m going to merge with the other thread. Please continue reporting to Support.

1 Like

I thought Opera was immune from this problem but it is not.
Tonight there are a total of 11 Devices showing on in Opera
and Edge that are not. The iPhone app is still showing
correcty.
So this is just repeat of what others are experiencing.
Submitted ticket.

Same here - Safari and Chrome so devices on that are not on or showing on in the iOS app. And Safari and Chrome aren’t showing the same set of devices.

Sent to support.

I’ve encountered a problem the last couple of days where the phone app correctly populates the device list with active and inactive devices but the web app does not.
The web app is showing more devices on than are actually on. Sometimes it will show devices totaling over 12,000 watts on when my current use is less than 700 watts.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Here are screenshots from both phone and web at same moment in time. Maybe five seconds apart.
image image

Same issue on my end.

The “tell” that it’s a browser interface issue is if you look at the Now bubbles you see they seem to correctly correlate with current usage.

That’s exactly what I’m seeing @ixu
Support just now got back to me and suggested I delete and reinstall iPhone APP.
What? The phone app is correct

Yes, that clearly makes no sense!

What does makes sense and I narrowed things down to is Browser caching.

I just launched another browser (Safari vs Firefox in my case) and the new, never cached because never logged in, browser window is displaying devices correctly … in parallel, fyi, with the incorrect listing in Firefox.

Cache purge may fix things.