Today, since my work was closed to do the tropical storm, I decided to undergo a project I’ve been meaning to do for a while; relabel the circuits in my breaker box. The writing on it is faded and some of the labels don’t match anymore. So I turned everything off except Sense and my network rack (which just happens to have a dedicated circuit) and went through breaker by breaker and documenting what was on the circuit and also plugging and unplugging devices to see the always on power usage.
I saved the AC for last. This is a screenshot with the only device in the house besides Sense that has power is my outside unit and the air handler in the attic. My network rack is on a UPS that can run everything for about 20ish minutes. You can see in the screenshot where I unplugged it.
At first, I thought things just needed to settle some. So I made sure the temperature is set above the current temperature by a few degrees and have been waiting, but it’s still sitting at 117/118W 10 minutes later.
It’s a Trane variable speed system. I can get the exact models if it’s helpful. We had it installed in 2017 I think.