Can't figure out this Device 1

Seems like you have similar wattage heaters in both. Give it some time and Sense might separate you the two. Or you can look to see which of the two device gives more on/off detections during the day, then use the Manage tab for the dually detected device to tell Sense “This Device is Not On” when the less frequent actual devices causes Device 1 to show as on. It might help if you rename Device 1 with the actual name of the more frequently on/off real device (I’m betting on the coffee maker).

2 Likes

I initially named it coffee maker but deleted the device and it was discovered the same way. I usually run the coffee maker once a day ( in the morning) and the dishwasher once a day , probably 5 days a week at least, later in the day.

1 Like

Just name it one of the two, and if you see the bubble up when the one you choose is decidedly not on, then use the Manage tab “Report an Error” to tell that the “Device is Not On”. Enough of those should help sort out the difference between the two.

1 Like

So my mystery Device 1 comes on around 2,000 times a day and uses around 96 Watts. Any thoughts?

Posting a Stats screenshot will help.

“2,000 times a day” doesn’t comport with that screenshot.

Sorry I was on the wrong tab , it’s 30x a day 2100 total.

Thinking maybe it’s part of my Mitsubishi heat pump. I have all of them turned off and I want to leave them that way for a couple days and see how it looks

Like @ixu, I was trying to figure out the on/of cycle time and how long this device is actually on. A whole day view might also be helpful to see if it changes throughout the day. I’m also a bit confused that the fiducial marker / measuring line doesn’t have the same time as the scale below - it should.

Thanks for updating and providing the whole day.

No problem I’m beginning to think it’s most likely part of one of my mini splits. I turned it off at lunch time and there hasn’t been any usage since. Maybe when I go home I’ll turn it on just to see

2 Likes

So I turned on my living room/kitchen mini split and device one came back on using 96 w so I merged it with the Mitsubishi mini split but now the mini split disappeared from my list?

That sounds like an issue that the team might want to address, @JustinAtSense?

(I do suspect that the 96w signature could be related to the Mitsubishi)

@chrisd253: What model is and configuration is it, if you know?

Mitsubishi msz-fh15na is the wall unit The outside unit is a muz-fh15na

Do you have the MUZ-FH15NAH with the base pan heater?
That (heater) is in the 96 watt realm as far as I can tell.
Are you in heating or cooling mode these days?

I believe it has the base pan heater. Been in heat mode but not really that cold lately.

Hmmm, wonder if you have a faulty base pan heater thermistor?

It could also be the normal behavior … if it’s happening in the wee (cold) hours and not when the sun is out then that could well be the case.

More research required.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.