Device Detection Major Update: Chevy Electric Vehicles - 10/11/18

Reading through this thread has been illuminating. I charge every day, but sometimes at different times (we just automatically plug in whenever we pull into the garage, because there’s no peak/off-peak rates here). I’ve had my Sense for a little over a month and it’s detected most of my major devices – except the pool pump, washer/dryer and the car (2017 gen 2, charging at 240 on the stock EVSE).

I’m wondering what typical timeframes people have been seeing for initial detection of the Volt.

Hey @charles2, welcome to the Sense community! Like many things powered by data, Sense is a learning device. This means that when you first install your Sense, it may take a few weeks for devices to appear. Over time, as Sense begins to see many repetitions of devices working in your home, it will learn what many different appliances are, and begin to name them. In the average home, Sense typically detects 20-25 devices by the 6 month mark. This could vary based on existing variables home-to-home. For more insights into EVs though, you can take a look at our blog here which explains how Sense detects EVs overall.

1 Like

Thanks. My impatience got the better of me. I bought a set of flex sensors and installed them—one for the car and one of the water heater.

2 Likes