Emulated Kasa integration Brings SenseLink to HomeAssistant

For your question 1…good question! Per this post Sense will try not to double-report devices it can detect but determines to also be measured by a reporting smart plug. But I would expect that if you had (for example) a 60W bulb reported via TP-Link emulation, plus a separately-controlled 60W bulb that isn’t emulated, Sense could still independently detect the separate non-emulated 60W bulb. It would see the non-emulated bulb turn on without a corresponding increase in reported power from a plug, and thus know it’s a different device. Other folks with more knowledge/experience with the Sense detection please chime in here if I’m off base!

On the topic of simple devices, I believe that statement is referring to the capability to set up “static” power emulated devices. An example would be an attic fan that normally runs 24/7. You could do some testing to determine the actual constant power draw (with a real Kasa plug, or a Kill-a-Watt, or by turning it off/on and watching your Sense meter, etc) and then define a simple/static type emulated plug with that measured value. The TP-Link emulation/SenseLink will then report that as constant power value, as if you had HS110 plug utilized there.

Hope that helps!

1 Like