How do I tell Sense what my Smart Plug is monitoring?

I have a Kasa HS300. I was very careful to exactly identify the items that were plugged into the strip. None of them had been previously identified. One item added was a small refrigerator on my outdoor deck that was labelled ‘Deck Fridge’. After two weeks, Sense cheerfully informed me that it had found a new device, Fridge 3. This turned out to be the Deck Fridge. I now have two bubbles for the same thing. There seems to be no way to merge these two. Rather frustrating. I read a previous post about this issue but came away with no clear solution to resolving this. I have five more outlets on this strip being used and another HS300 ready to go online with four previously not detected yet devices. Any advice here?

Hi @stevenebraun -

For a device that’s been detected natively and is being monitored by a smart plug, you simply have to tell Sense what the Kasa Plug is monitoring. To do so, simply:

1. Click on the Smart Plug version of the device in the Sense App
  2. Click ‘Settings’ in the top-right corner (the gear icon)
  3. Select ‘Manage’
  4. Click “What’s Plugged Into This?”
  5. Select the native detected device that the smart plug is monitoring

Your duplicate bubbles should be resolved, let me know if you’re still seeing an issue!

1 Like

Tried that. I now have two native discovered Fridge 3 and one Kasa Deck Fridge. All of them are assigned to outlet 4 on the Kasa strip

1 Like

Hm, I am not able to replicate this with my HS-300. Can you write into support@sense.com (if you haven’t done so already) to report this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.