Installation help; two parallel main panels

Thanks - I figured as much. I’ll see if they’re willing to take another look.

Would like to hear what happens.

Another thing that users in your position could consider that is t terribly expensive, actually pretty cheap if able to do themselves.
That would be to add a panel between the meter and the existing panel. It wouldn’t need to be a full panel, a shut off would do the trick.
They make lever type shut offs and the box is fairly small. It would be big enough for the monitor to fit in and have enough wire exposed for the clamps to fit around.

If the power company would allow it, the clamps could be placed on the other side (their side) of the meter also.

300 amp service.
At top of meeter there is a split for 2 panels.
Nowhere to put a single clamp to capture the entire leg.
I had to do it pre meeter.

I have an always on of 400w even when I shut of 99% of my breaker. The only breaker I left on was the one for the sense monitor. It shares a breaker with a lighting surge protector.
I plan to disco the surge protector and check back.

If it is still there. How can I subtract the 400?

Always On is not an instant readout. See below article for a bit more info, or search for Always On in the forums as there are quite a few threads about it.

When doing what you are doing and exploring the effects of flipping breakers, you’ll want to look at the number in the bottom right corner of the bubble view. That is the instantaneous power usage. Or, you may be better off switching to the meter view where you can see a graph of instant power usage over time. So you can see up or down spikes as a result of turning off a breaker.

Also check out

After disconnecting, check Always On after 24 hours.

@benatsense If @jmbetcourt had paid his utility company 400 dollars, would Sense have monitored both panels?

Ben is no longer here at Sense, but I can answer. Our CTs are rated up to 200A. While Sense would monitor both panels if installed at the utility side like that, if consuming over 200A, signals would appear clipped in the Power Meter.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.