Integration for Home Automation

That would be best handled by reaching out to support. You can contact them via support@sense.com

Will do, thanks

With Sense adding a Data Sources option to Settings, I’m beginning to wish for other Data Source options that would connect to other power analysis sources in my house. Sure, Sense has to make Network Detection work reliably first. But once that’s done wouldn’t it be great if they could tap into these sources:

• Zigbee/Zwave output of your SmartMeter and solar inverter to do calibration, correction and fault/error detection. Could come via WiFi/ethernet bridges that are typically used to connect this data to the cloud.
  • WiFi based smart plugs that could report on power use of a single device or set of devices. This could be used to give greater granularity within the Always On bubble, or to correlate devices turning on with their observed signature.
  • Smartgrid enabled devices - there’s a new standard for managing power in home devices called ANSI/CEA-2045 coming down the pipes. Could get interesting

Agreed. I have X-10 and Insteon devices, controlled by Insteon software. Sense should be able to read the on and off commands and coordinate that with its own data to learn devices faster.

Randy Kaempen

Ditto. Just installed Sense and I would like to link it to SmartThings.

Agreed here. I’d love to see this integrated to both SmartThings and HomeAssistant.

Home Assistant has limited integration. It discovers your Sense devices and shows them as binary_sensors. I’m trying to build an automation that sends a text when the dryer stops. Looking to do facial recognition on the basement camera to determine who it goes to. Should be a fun project.

I’d love to keep abreast of your efforts there. I’d use that, most definitely.

(I have a household organization / feed project called HomeTender where one thing I’d like to be able to do is detect who does the laundry and rewards them for it – by far not a core feature, but would be fun to do.)

for me not even the binary_sensors work for the devices, only the analog ones
I get the following errors:
Log Details (ERROR)
Thu Mar 07 2019 10:25:32 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Update for binary_sensor.other fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 220, in async_update_ha_state
await self.async_device_update()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 348, in async_device_update
await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sense/binary_sensor.py”, line 110, in update
self._data.get_realtime()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sense_energy/sense_api.py”, line 84, in get_realtime
self._realtime = websocket.get_realtime(url, self.wss_timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sense_energy/ws_async.py”, line 24, in get_realtime
asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/events.py”, line 644, in get_event_loop
% threading.current_thread().name)
RuntimeError: There is no current event loop in thread ‘SyncWorker_10’.
Conexión perdida. Reconectando …

any help into how did you make them work is wellcome

I’m getting the same, the Sense component got broke in a fairly recent update. Sorry I’m no help past that but letting you know you’re not alone.

100% agree. Would love to see Vera integration.