I am seeing several different discussion threads in this blog (and some other blogs) that relate to the SmartThings integration. I wanted to clarify some of the discussion points so that we are limiting the topic to a single area.
We have users wanting to:
- Link Samsung SmartThings “On/Off” module statuses to SENSE in order to help with the SENSE AI device detection process.
- Link SmartThings and SENSE via a more intuitive IFTTT link. (Example: Turn off certain devices if the power wattage exceeds some level.)
- Have SENSE send selected data to SmartThings. Display SENSE data in the SmartThings APP.
- Have SENSE gather wattage information from SmartThing plugs/devices in a similar fashion that is already being worked on [MODERATOR EDIT - Private Beta information]
At this moment I would be happy if the software development team would just focus on item #4 (Gathering wattage information). The other items listed would be nice to have, but may require more programming.
I have the following SmartThings devices that return a wattage number. I can view them in the ActionTiles PC Web display or on my SmartThings phone APP. I would prefer that this data be integrated into the SENSE data so that I have a whole house view of my wattage in one APP.
SmartThings devices that I have installed in my home that monitor wattage:
- Iris Smart Plug:
- Centralite Series 3 – Model 3200 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CKKVX30/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Enerwave ZWN-333M-PLUS Smart Plug https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVRVBRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Enerwave ZW15RM-PLUS Smart Outlet https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVRXX2Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Zooz Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug ZEN06
A display of my ActionTiles (linked to the SmartThings Hub) with wattage information is shown below. Please consider pulling wattage data from these devices (through the SmartThings Hub) into the SENSE APP. Thanks.