About 500W Total

1. Radon Pump - 70W
  2. TV/Router/Modem/NAS - 70W
  3. Security Cams - 50W
  4. Smart Switches - 30W
  5. MicroWave/Oven - ??
  6. Fridges - ??
  7. Smart Speakers (e.g. EchoDot) - 30W

Still have not identified all the culprits.

As of v33, per-device Always On (for dedicated circuit monitoring devices and smart plugs) should not be included in historic Always On stats. Instead, per-device Always On are not included in that specific device’s historic data.

1 Like

Sense is showing 428 watts at my home office. Hard to get much lower while running servers, network, phone system, security systems and so on. Although the actual number isn’t strictly correct because apparently Sense treats small changing loads interchangeably. So for example, lights that are only on at night are assumed to be the same things as computers that are only on during the day, so all of them show up as part of the same same bubble.

FWIW, I’ve been chasing phantom loads for years, but quite often I have discovered that what it costs to kill a vampire load has a payoff that exceeds ten years. For example, I have a music-on-hold radio that uses 6 watts. I could buy a device or timer to automatically turn it off at night, but even if it’s off as much as half the time, that would only save ~$2.85 per year. Lots of little things like that, but hard to justify the cost of turning them off and on every day, be it by use of a device or by use of a person who gets paid by the hour.

610W here, but I have a server always on. I’m beginning to think that I need to find a way to reduce it’s consumption. I plan to get a HS115 for it to be sure since it’s not been identified.

Ummm…340 watts. Is that a winner?? :laughing: