Power Quality - Failing Phase

One of my phases started failing a day or two ago, I was able to determine it because at one given point only certain places in the house had electricity. Upon calling an electrician he verified that this was the issue but it was coming from either the meter or the power line itself.

I called the power company and they are heading out here today to check. Hope all this is sorted out.

Sense was able to reflect this but it took 24 hours for it to show so I was not certain, now I am.

1 Like

Hey there @aleont - glad you managed to catch this. Can you let us know what your utility finds when they come out to inspect the issue?

Hey @JustinAtSense power company came over and the terminals of where the wires that come down from the light pole to the meter itself connect to, were rusted down. They swapped the base with a new one, peeled off the wires a bit more, tightened them down and reconnected the meter and all seems stable now.

Edit: Adding picture to see how it normalized after they fixed it.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [Power Quality]: Failing Phase

Hey @aleont! Do you mind sharing who your utility provider was that fixed this issue?

I live in Nicaragua, so not sure if it’ll be of any use. Utility company here is called Disnorte-Dissur.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

This time it wasn’t the power company, we just hit “winter” here and it’s mostly rain and more rain… seems that one of the wires coming from the meter inside was either grounding or simply not working well for whatever reason. Sense found this and I hit into action within a few days. I am absolutely in love with just this monitoring in the lab.

All replaced and power is stable now again, going to add an updated screenshot once it does, but here are the last two days.

Update: here it is after it was fixed/normalized

2 Likes

Did you get a notification in the Labs section that diagnoses open neutrals? That looks like a classic open neutral pattern.

Nope did not, my “notifications” were a couple UPS’s that I have that were clicking like crazy trying to stabilize the devices. Until then I opened the app to see what was happening.