Here are my solar production numbers as reported directly by my SolarEdge inverter versus what Sense is reporting. I also included the consumption numbers I am getting from my utility and bumped them up against Sense reporting as well…
I only took a snapshot of as much data as I could fit on the screen. My utility has a few days of delay in reporting consumption numbers which is why there are two blank days at the end of my matrix.
Solar Production Accuracy
Taking all of my data into account since I installed Sense on October 17, 2020, my average accuracy is 96.353%. But there was a known hiccup from Sense back at the end of October that resulted in some dirty data. Taking the dirty data out of the equation, my adjusted average accuracy is 97.64% (or a 2.36% difference).
Not sure what happened on 12/21/2020. That day seems to be an anomaly at 91.96% accuracy. As you can see, almost every day is between ~97% and ~99% accuracy with the exception of the 12/21/2020 date.
Taking all of my data into account since I installed Sense on October 17, 2020, my average accuracy is 95.168%. After taking the dirty data out from late October, my adjusted average accuracy is 97.58% (2.42% difference). Interesting that my consumption numbers are also way off on 12/21/2020… Weird… I wonder what happened that day…
Note: Those of you who are wondering how I get the total consumption data from my utility company since they only see the consumption that I use net of my solar production, it is a calculated usage. I take the SolarEdge production numbers, and add it to the net amount that I use from the utility grid. In hindsight, I guess I should have labeled that column “Calculated Actual Usage”