Strange fluctuation in power

Hi, I have recently joined sense and notice some odd behavior occasionally from what I now know is my central air unit or blower on my furnace. As you can see in the images there is a rythmic up and down of usage. I have only seen this happen a few times and have finally narrowed it down to something with the central air/furnace since it stopped when I turned them off. Has anyone seen behavior like this?

Iā€™m seeing the same amplitude and frequency of the waveform but more of a square wave versus your sine wave. I have not been able to isolate it but the frequency and amplitude are VERY similar. Coincidence or related equipment?

I did some digging into the central air and found my capacitor was just under the tolerance. I replaced it and it seems to run the same. Might just be how a compressor runs. My fridge has a similar look but far more subtle, both having a compressor. Pretty cool how Sense makes you so aware of everything. Almost in an unhealthy way, my wife tells me.

2 Likes

Sense makes you so aware of everything. Almost in an unhealthy way, my wife tells me.

Ah HA! I thought my wife was having an affair! Confirmed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.