TP-Link KP115 Disconnecting - Community Experiment?

Thanks @JustinAtSense,
That explains a lot given the power values I see coming from my Washer HS110. It’s also not such a bad choice giving the range I’m seeing for the standby power of Washing Machine. Only a little of the tail dips below 0.5W, or off.

So no issue - merely “functioning as intended” for right now. I might try to see whether setting a threshold of 0.5W gives the same timeline results, but I suspect not for a couple reasons.

1. My 4 sec samples aren’t the same as the 6 sec samples that Sense is pulling form the Kasa, and there’s really no way to force them to be the same, even if I were to stretch my sample period to 6 sec. Given the way the data bounces around, there’s no guarantee that the next periodic sample is going to be close to the previous one.

2. I seem to remember from Jonah, that there also might be a little “hysteresis” in the incoming data so that it is smother and filled when there is some small amount of missing data. But he didn’t share the size of the hysteresis window. So no way to duplicate that.

Thanks again. I think I will add a Wishlist Item to add a Standby → Off similar to Standby → On threshold.

And I can check off the intermittent data export output for my Washer and for my Sony TV as being related to this threshold.