Web App to Search for Data Dropouts from Smart Plugs - Uses Sense Export

On Kasa smart plugs ? That’s a very good question. My earlier experiments here showed that a few conditions including a measured 0W (actually less than 1/2W) on a Kasa smart plug resulted in hourly missing data in export - the 3rd situation below

A Real Disconnect
Button shows “n/a” - likely networking problem. Could be anything from WiFi issues, router issues, too many smart plugs or an unpowered smartplug.

Smart Plug turned off
Botton shows “off” - No surprise here, the smart plug is turned off.

Smart Plug / Sense combo sees “zero” power
Button shows “on”, but icon is greyed out and there is no power reading. Power has fallen below Sense’s threshold for “off”, 0.5W (may change in the future).

Working On Behavior
You can compare to a smart plug’s working “on” behavior below.

But I hesitated to include that condition because a few of my smart plugs are producing large numbers of exported “true zeros”, including my Washing Machine which hovers just below 1/2 W. I’m going to have to do some forensics on my Washing Machine (Kasa) and Canon Printer (Wiser) to truly understand. Here’s a list of the largest producers of hourly “true zeros” vs. dropped hours in export, by year over the past 5+ years. A very mixed bag, but mostly Washing Machine, Canon Printer Traveller (Kasa) and Solar Production with mostly other Kasa smart plugs thrown in.