That’s a great start @RyanAtSense! I’m glad to finally see Sense reaching out to the users.
How about another short survey when you sign up that asks about your major appliances?
- Do you have an electric or gas water heater?
- Is your water heater a tank or tankless style?
- Do you have an electric or gas furnace?
- Do you have an electric or gas clothes dryer?
- How many garage door openers do you have?
- How many A/C units do you have?
- If you have A/C, is it a central system or window units?
Just these few questions can help the algorithm immediately rule out certain patterns it needs to look for and thus reducing the number of potential combinations.
I look at it like a doctor… you can go in with very generic symptoms, but by asking a few questions they can narrow down what specifically they need to look for.
I could see this both improve the speed in which sense detects devices but also the accuracy of the said said devices.
I really don’t understand why you don’t give the system a head start.