Annual solar/consumption netmeter- based on an anniversary date

I have noticed a lot of us Sense users have solar and net meter. Would suggest a tracking screen with the ability to set an anniversary date. Will be able to see real numbers cumulative with a % of consumption covered by solar production. At times of the year it would be less than 100% and other times it could be way in excess. In the summer I can be 200% and as winter progresses it keep dropping. I appreciate this info can be teased out of a downloaded csv file. Seems to be more complicated than it needs to be. Thank you

5 Likes

I would like to see this too. Sometimes choices I make about electricity usage are based on “how much do I have in the bank.” My utility credits me kwh when I export from the house. These are banked for the future and cashed out once per year (if there is anything in the bank when the date rolls around).

I see that different states and utilities allow different net metering schemes. Two of the most common are annual true up and monthly true up. I have the annual true up. Later this month TEP will zero out my ‘banked’ kWH and credit my account with about 25% of their retail value.

For folks with a monthly true up, like my Dad in Kansas, Sense already lets them keep track of their banked balance through the ‘bill’ feature. For the annual folks, the ‘Year’ option shows something, but is most useful if your utility trues up Dec 31st.

I would suggest as the simplest way to implement an way to track the banked energy balance is to let us manually set the roll over date so that ‘year’ section didn’t show Jan - Dec, but a specific 12 month. This would not perfectly match what the utility thinks I have banked, but would be perhaps easy to implement and close enough to be useful.

2 Likes