Apple Homekit

Maybe a better request would be for Sense to integrate more Smart Home plugs (especially ones that are HomeKit compatible). I believe the Belkin Wemo Insight plug offers HomeKit integration with an add on hub but the reviews on it are terrible. Sense should really look at integrating Eve’s line of energy Smart Plugs and power strips. Anyone here have experience with these? They seem to have the best reviews.

I have some old-ish Eve Energies, which are HomeKit compatible. The downside is that the energy / power data isn’t visible in HomeKit (just on / off control). Access to energy data was limited to 5 minute interval data, stored on the Eve Energy, and downloaded via Bluetooth through the Eve app. That was the original squarish model, not the newer rectangular model or power strip. But having proliferated TP-Link Kasa energy plugs around my house to work with Sense, I can see why only hubless WiFi plugs are best suited for plug-based data acquisition - tough for Zwave/Zigbee/Bluetooth hub-based systems to supply every-2-second data for 20 plugs.

Here’s what the Eve UI looks like for the smart plug.

Top Level

Push Down into the Timeline

Next Level Down

Actual Time Interval Data - Can be exported into text format.

Homekit +1

I’m interested but wonder the usefulness.

So I am a major homekit user, totaling around 77 devices on the platform, and am controlling everything from the automation of my blinds based on the sun’s position and current weather to simple plugs to pull energy audits on devices…

I don’t understand what part of Sense you would like to see in homekit, or the need for it.

I currently do have Sense in Homekit via Home Assistant. I have my Solar show up as a Light Bulb, and it shows the Lux as the current production value from Sense. Besides displaying this information (which is just easier to jump into the sense app to see), what would be the value of having Sense in homekit?

2 Likes

Count me in on this one, I too would like to see a Homekit interface.

I’ve said it before: I’m not sure what HomeKit can even do. Generally, it’s a control standard, so if Kasas became HomeKit compatible, I would get that, but I don’t even know that HomeKit has an energy usage section.

Add me too, yes please !

We’ll for starters more homekit compatible smart plugs…!
Example,
I have some smart plugs on automations in homekit, be nice to see more compatibility…

1 Like