Apple Homekit

Would like to see Sense intergrated with Apple HomeKit.

98 Likes

Plus 1

(post requires 4 characters) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One more here !!

3 Likes

Great! Make sure you ā€œlikeā€ the original post as a way to ā€˜+1ā€™. It gives us an easier way to say ā€˜X number of customers really want this featureā€™

1 Like

Another vote for HomeKit.

3 Likes

Me want

2 Likes

Well, yeah, of course!

+1 here, please do it !!!

Plus 1. Please. Another vote for HomeKit.

Not that I have any HomeKit devices, but I have nothing but Apple products so it would make me happy to be compatible.

1 Like

Another plus one. It would great to have HomeKit integration, especially something similar to the Hue integration so that it know what devices are on and help figure out usage.

Iā€™m a big HomeKit guy. My door locks, all three thermostats, and soon garage door are HomeKit. However, how would the Sense being added to HomeKit be helpful? The Sense canā€™t control devices, right, just monitor? Also, donā€™t HomeKit devices need specific secure specs to be compatible? Do we know that the Sense even has that required hardware?

Plus One for HomeKit. A tile for current Solar Production and Current demand would be cool as a favorite on the Home tab.

Yes, I would like this as well.

This is a need. I have everythinggggg on HomeKit. So much sense could learn so quickly if integrated. Every light, fan, lock, garage door, etc

1 Like

Even though Iā€™m a huge HomeKit fan and have also requested this, I think you have a misconception about how much Sense could learn from HomeKit vs the existing integrations. HomeKit doesnā€™t supply high resolution power monitoring data (like the supported smartplugs) and even the on/off data can be offset by several seconds, one way or the other from the actual on/off power signature of the device. I have a couple of HomeKit-enabled Elgato Energy smartplugs that support power monitoring but they only provide data on an every 5 minute basis (with lag) vs. once every two seconds like the HS110.

It might be cool if there was a way for HomeKit to feed power data to Sense, like the Hue hub integration does, but thatā€™s not in the cards today.

4 Likes

Another vote for Apple HomeKit integration!

1 Like

Plus 1 here too

1 Like

1 more for HomeKit

1 Like

It can do some control. For example it can control my Wyze smart plugs directly from the Sense app but I agree with your point. Homekit integration sounds great and in general I wish it was used more but in this case I feel the best it could do would be ā€œseeā€ when a home kit device is turned on or off and look for the corresponding change in power useage and use that info to identify the device and maybe automate naming it. And even this level of functionality Iā€™m not completely sure if possible through the homekit API. Iā€™d file this in the ā€œnice to haveā€ category if a developer had some free time on his hands but it seams there are better things to prioritize first.