[BUG] - All five kp115 smart plugs went offline according to Sense but are still really on

Sorry, my plots come from a dedicated ping plot app that runs from my video server, not HA. I do have to get an KP125 so I can put into service for comparison.

Iā€™m going to link to this thread for the answer. Apparently KP115s (and KP125s) engage in bad IP behavior every 5 days.

2 Likes

Kevin,

What if you assigned them Static IPs?

I am having a similar issue here at home. Seems like this never was fully resolved?

:frowning:

1 Like

Static IPā€™s for the plugs, Static for your sense and block WAN to the plugs. Seems to be the easiest way to keep the lan bridge active.

1 Like

@timisw , for me, fixed IP addresses (not fully static, but reserved leases) seemed to have helped - I havenā€™t had any long term outages / dropouts in a while. But I still see shorter dropouts (5min here and there in a day). Have not tried @ccookā€™s second suggestion, blocking my Kasa smartplugs from using the WAN.

Similar. I have 4 HS300 and 6 KP115, for a total of 30 devices:

• All plugs use fixed IP addresses
  • All plugs are set for local control only
  • All plugs are completely blocked from the internet
  • I do not use mesh networking
  • Sense is the only entity polling the plugs (no Alexa, etc.)

FWIW, I have not experienced any outages.

1 Like

I have 2 HS300 and 4 KP115 connected via DHCP without any issues and linked to Alexa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.