Device Detection Major Update: Nissan Leaf Electric Vehicles - 12/20/2018

Thanks for clarifying. Can Data Science take a look at your data, @Spagnood?

Hello, have a 2013 Leaf and only use 110 volts for charging. Sense hasn’t found my vehicle and I charge it every night. It’s been at least 2 years now. Can sense detect when it is charging 110 volts?

1 Like

Hi @Tuan. At the moment, Sense only currently recognizes 240V EV chargers.
That being said, we’re aware of the community feedback here and are looking at ways to account for alternative voltage EV chargers. Stay tuned :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I’m looking to buy a leaf soon and will be using the 110v charger until I get around to installing a nice EV charger. I was wondering if 110v would be detectable or not as obviously that’s a different power signature than 230v. I’m glad you asked this.

Depending on the max charging rate of the 120V charger, you may be able to put it on an smartplug like the Kasa HS110. I do that with my Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid for two reasons:

• Cut down on Always On power. The actual 120V Leviton charger uses 7W continuously, so I use the Kasa app to turn it on for typical charging hours and off for the rest. The car is also programmed to charge for roughly those same hours (off-peak)
  • Montitor charging usage within the Sense environment. Much better way to see the time history of the data than the barely functional cheesy apps offered with smart-plugs.
1 Like