Does any of this make "Sense"

Bob,

First of all welcome! Let’s get into it

This is probably one of the most common questions/complaints. There’s good reason that Sense doesn’t allow this and probably never will. I won’t go through everything in detail because we’ve documented it various times. Here’s a good read for you on that: Why can't you train Sense?

You can connect these devices without integrating them into assistants and you can also disable the power control function on them within Sense. This would prevent them from being turned off unless you went into the Kasa app and manually turned them off or if you hit the button on the plug. For most Freezers and such the plug is in a remote area, so hitting it shouldn’t be likely. If you have something like Home Assistant (HA) you can make rules to automatically turn on a plug that was turned off for critical infrastructure.

Kasa makes a power strip as well. I have mine integrated with Home Assistant and when the PC power drops below “on” levels it turns off the 4 connected monitors and lighting at the desk. I would suggest you take a look at the Kasa strips.

I guess that depends on how often you listen to music!

Again welcome to Sense and if you have any questions please be sure to let us know. There’s a lot of people who have great solutions to many different challenges!

1 Like