Firmware Update: Version 1.20.2301

This morning at 3AM EST, a firmware update began rolling out to monitors. To avoid strain on our servers, firmware rollout is staged over five days. Within that five day period, your monitor will be updated overnight. At this time, there is no way to opt in for an immediate update.

Changes include:

• DNS changes: 1.1.1.1 is the default DNS server for monitors, with the DHCP-provided server as a fallback. See this thread for more information.
  • Improvements to NDI to protect against security risks from malicious local network devices.
  • The 6-hour reboot timer has been removed. Monitors will no longer reboot on their own if disconnected from the network, so they can continue to record wattage. Note that only whole-house and solar wattage are recorded in this mode. This is part of our new data retention settings.

To check if you received the update, navigate to Settings > My Home > Sense Monitor. Your firmware version will be given under the Monitor card. Please note that firmware updates can be delayed in some instances. If you have not received the update after 5 days, let me know.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

1 Like