Fridge run time

Around 64W is confirmed by 3 meters: car inverter (60W), Sense (Fridge 64W), Kasa app (70W).
Kevin, thanks for link to devices. I didn’t see when I searched. Those device posts show a compressor startup spike 1200-1700W but Sense doesn’t pick up mine. My Sense shows around 90W for spike, then 64W tail for several cycles a day. I’ll post there later for info only; Q&A isn’t allowed there.

1 Like

Kevin1, where’s the best place to post 2 questions:
Jon H’s from detection post
mine about inverter sizing

@chrisspy
My 2c - Jon H’s question is in the right place, attached to the correct device in the Community Device Library. @JustinAtSense, we should probably revisit the automatic closure of comments when new entries are added. We originally had that protection to protect against long rambling off topic threads, but we can probably moderate and allow on-topic stuff like Jon’s question.

As fo the inverter question - there are plenty of threads asking about sizing of generators, etc., but yours is more specific, so I would open a new topic under Tech Questions for that…

1 Like

Considering volume is low, I’ll think about the best way to do this. I might just require approvals for new comments to ensure everything in the subcategory stays relevant to the origin post.

2 Likes

My LG averages 72 W when running (3 W idle) and runs for about 20-25 minutes per hour. I think the run time increases in warm weather, will have to see when summer comes. The LG has an “inverter linear compressor” which is claimed to be more energy efficient. Sense hasn’t detected it (yet), and I have little hope it will. The Sense system was installed in the middle of November.

(The little blips every ~5 minutes are my home alarm testing/charging the backup 12V battery).

I think @demiller9 and I may have the same, or at least similar, fridges. My LG fridge on top, freezer on bottom, “Linear compressor” runs for 28 minutes, then off for 21, and the process repeats. It has an idle of 4w, probably to power the wifi and a couple lights on the front of it. I rarely see it peak above 80w, almost always peak is 79w.

1 Like

I have whirlpool double door W8TXNGMWQ01 in garage not fully loaded. And it turns on every hour for about 13 mins. This is pretty accurate as I can hear noise.
It uses about 113W throughout and goes to 100W or so right before it stops.

11A on nameplate is really misleading. I’d expect 11A load during 1st day but to maintain temp; Sense + smart plug HS110 shows much less & a small inverter can power it during outage.

1 Like