Getting Serious about Always On

It has been suggested previously, but that was before Always On had subcategories, so I will bring it up again: could the 4W usage of the Sense monitor itself be displayed under Always On? I know this is not a value measured at each house, but it was measured at several places and got about the same value, so it is a good approximation.

I have another idea for approximate Always On data. I say approximate because it would not be measured in the actual home, but it is real energy usage. The idea is based on some work I did with a Kill-A-Watt meter. I plugged both my HS300 and my HS110 into this device when they were new, and found that TP-Link / Kasa technology uses up some electricity just measuring current, even if the current is zero. I also found that if the device is set to OFF, it does not use any current. Whenever it is ON, the Kill-A-Watt was getting 0.6W more than reported by the smart outlet. For the HS300, each of the outlets contributed 0.6W, for up to a total of 3.6W if all six are ON. Therefore, my idea is that the Sense app would would count the number of Kasa smart plugs that are currently ON and multiply by 0.6W, and display this total as a sub-bubble in Always On (rounded to the nearest whole Watt, of course).

I’m sorry if this suggestion should be placed in another thread, I’m kind of new here.