High Usage 'News' Alerts that Confuse

Wondering about the ‘News’ alerts that very nearly constantly tell me my energy use is higher than average. Noting that I have Sense Solar, and I’m wondering if these are incorrectly identifying the Solar as part of the usage? My electricity usage varies of course, but not by the amounts in these alerts.

An example from yesterday: “Your energy use is 121% higher than average in your Off Peak Morning Winter Rate zone.” It’s not. My usage is about what it was last winter, but we added Solar in November, and I also populated the app with the TOU zones.

Anyway, its just annoying because it makes me think something is up, and its not.

Any thoughts would be great.

1 Like

I was searching this same issue and found your post. I’m getting these daily and don’t understand why. I have solar and rarely use more energy then I produce. In addition, my usage is always average compared to my area and home size. I’m wondering if it’s commenting on the fact that my PGE rates for peak time are outrageously high? Just wondered if you ever received any clarification with your notifications?

1 Like

Hey @mark.lemmons and @melntara! Just to clarify, these alerts are not comparing your current usage to your past usage, it’s comparing your usage to a sampling of other homes that share your rate zone. So, this number can be highly variable. Hope that helps!

1 Like