Let's see your setup

@gary.meyer yes, actually the neutral bus and ground bars are one in the same in this box… the large service neutral is connected to a huge lug on the neutral bus, and that has a bus bar running horizontal in the box and ties the neutrals & grounds all together in the box… I then have a 10ga ground running out the box and to (2) grounding rods…

I questioned it, just as you did… but upon advise from my dad (HVAC contractor of more years than I’ve been on this planet), and an electrician buddy, that’s the way they do it these days… they both said its a little better is its separate, but putting them together works also…

from the point of the Sense Monitor “detection” algorithms, I have no idea if this is better or not… its a bit above my pay grade, but I am trying to understand it… that’s one of my main pet peaves about Sense and why I posted the: Wifi signal & AC line quality to the Product Wishlist…

I feel that if the Sense Monitor was able to show/tell us what it sees as far as wifi signal & strength, as well as the AC line noise, we could make better installs and reduce some of the load that support has to deal with… I know that if Sense could tell me these things for my house, I would try to make it better… that’s why I put in the Whole House Surge Protector… since that install, I feel that my AC line is crisper… I see more sharp peaks and valley on the meter than I did before… it may not be the way to interpret that, but sounds cool… lol

1 Like