Linerar Compressor Refrige detection

See my replies above. I’ve been using an HS110 on my LG Linear refrigerator since the beta stages of the smart plug integration. It’s working great. Being able to disable the on/off switch in the Sense app added an extra layer of security, and I simply setup an IFTTT routine that sends an “ON” command to the HS110 the refrigerator is hooked up to once an hour. If it ever does get turned off by accident, it’ll be for a maximum of 60 minutes at most…which is a total non issue.

1 Like

Blockquote I’ve been using an HS110 on my LG Linear refrigerator since the beta stages of the smart plug integration. It’s working great. Being able to disable the on/off switch in the Sense app added an extra layer of security, and I simply setup an IFTTT routine that sends an “ON” command to the HS110 the refrigerator is hooked up to once an hour. If it ever does get turned off by accident, it’ll be for a maximum of 60 minutes at most…which is a total non issue.

Interesting idea to us IFTTT, can you explain exactly how you did this, I am not familiar with how it works. I am less concerned with the accidental hit in the software, so the ability to disable that does not concern me. I am more concerned with a spurious signal turning it off or the device just failing as it is between the power and the fridge. The other issue I have is the TP-Link plug is about two inches thick which makes it a non-starter for me as it would push the fridge 2" further out into the kitchen.

We have had a LG Linear compressor frig for about 3 years now. The thing that bothered me was when the electric blinked or went out, the temperature settings would go back to a default.So just added another UPS in the house. Most of the time the frig is drawing under 100 watts. Defrost if I remember is around 700 watts ( ‘ave 623 watts per device reading’). This is only 25 per month for 15 minutes. So I put in a 1500 watt UPS. Has the ability to add an addition battery from the outside. Have never used the external battery. Plenty of time to get the generator running when the power goes down…That’s my 2 cents…

IF time = Every hour at :00
Then = Turn on TP Link/Kasa “Fridge” (or whatever you named the HS-110 you hooked up to your refrigerator).

Then every hour on the hour IFTTT will send an “on” command to the TP-Link HS110 hooked up to your fridge.

Very simple.

Then explore IFTTT, it’s amazing what you can do with it so far as extending the capabilities of home automation. And yes, there is a Sense Applet as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.