Power Quality - Transformer Replacement

Ok, I have to say that this tool rocks! I am a new Sense user and my system has been up for less than 1 week. I installed it to help me get control of my electrical bill but also help me trace some power fluctuations that I have been seeing for quite some time that myself and an electrician were unable to locate.

The power fluctuation tool started showing dips right away 15-20 per day and the drops ranged anywhere from 15-50% on my L2 line. I called the electrical company yesterday about the problem and a crew found significant issues that needed to be repaired in our transformer.

Keep it up!

3 Likes

Awesome to hear @mcglynnjerry - can you tell us any more about what the crew found/repaired inside the transformer? Any photos of your Power Quality graph (before/after the fix) would also be really great.

Thanks again for sharing.

3 Likes

Assuming the first one is the “after transformer fix” :wink:

Yes, First picture was the after and second was before. I was seeing 15-20 dips per day when I called the electric company. They shut off the power after a brief inspection of the transformer and replaced it.

1 Like

Hey there @mcglynnjerry - was looking back at this Power Quality story and was curious who your utility provider is?

1 Like