[Project] Fault Detection: Floating Neutral is an algorithm that identifies homes with irregular Power Quality. Floating Neutral identifies homes that dip equal to or greater than 2V at the beginning of the start-up of a single-leg device with an inverse increase of voltage on the other leg.
If you’ve received a notification in the Sense app about a Floating Neutral issue, we’d like you to share details here in the Sense Labs community. Please answer the below questions surrounding your issue so we can continue to help users in the future with this issue.
Required information to include:
- Did Sense detect a floating neutral in your home?
- Did you receive a timeline notification or email from Sense OR discover it yourself in-app?
- Did you notice any signs or irregularities prior to the issue being resolved?
- E.g. Lights dimming or flickering
- How soon after detection did an electrician come inspect the issue?
- Was the issue resolved by an electrician or your utility?
- E.g. electrician confirmed a floating neutral and replaced
- What was the official diagnosis from an electrician or your utility?
Floating Neutral Resources
Below is more information about neutral issues that may be detected by Fault Detection: Floating Neutral. If you have suggestions for additional resources to add to this list, please reach out to @JustinAtSense.