I just measured my Radon fan load, and it looks to be about 60-70W of constant energy use. That’s ~$75/yr.
I’m not overly concerned about Radon, as we had it tested when we moved into the house, and the readings were negligible. I’m sure the fan has something to do with this, but I’m questioning the need to run the thing 24/7. I live in a neighborhood where all houses got fans when they were built.
Is this something that you’d consider putting on a timer and running maybe 12 hours a day? I wouldn’t want to risk real radon exposure, but I feel the risk is minimal.
I feel like there could be a safety / functionality concern I’m missing here, but I’d like to know what it is.