Regular (10min) dips in solar meter?

Clear day- no high level cloud so perfect solar day. I have 2 Fronius solar inverters. One connected to each panel. I am looking at the meter on sense and I see there brief double dips so far throughout the day. They are occurring every 10 min (pretty well to the second). Would this be a sense blip? I have attached a screen capture of the 1st sense I am also seeing it on my other inverter (2nd image)

I plan to ask fronius too

Here is the 1 hr view. The upper meter is solar and is maxed out at 6KW. The dips are like clockwork- every 10 min

Update: This is a built in feature probably related to the the Dynamic Peak Manager in the Inverter.

1 Like

My Tesla system has similar (larger) dips every 30min or so. It’s my understanding that it’s the MPPT adjustment that takes places every 30min to try and adjust for the best output based on current conditions.

I don’t see any of those 10 minutes marks on my loaded Fronius Primo 3.8kW

@dannyterhaar, might the measurements from the inverter itself hide an actual behavior ? I’m not entirely convinced of the time and measurement fidelity of my SolarEdge inverter’s readings. The readings typically run 3% higher than Sense, but Sense Net is pretty much dead on with my utility net, indicating my inverter is measuring something slightly different than Sense. Just a thought.

Along VW dieselgate software ?
Nah I don’t think so.
Fronius has so many generations of inverters.
I explicitly mentioned I don’t see it on my Primo.
I am wondering if OP sees it on eg an older unit eg IG* which might have that “feature”
I don’t see anything on my Sense unit every 10 minutes.

1 Like

here is what mine does - Fronius says it is normal. Not visible on solar web- only on Sense and prob related to where the measurements are made. Nothing to worry about

1 Like