Remote sensors for 240V

This is where I started… Lots of info on many different configurations for use. I’m using Home Assistant operating system on a dedicated Intel NUC. I just flashed the ready-to-go image onto an SSD I put into the NUC, installed and booted. It comes up as a server that you have to window into using your browser.

Once the environment is up and running you can load off-the-shelf integrations and add-ons easily and automatically update. The Sense integration is off-the-shelf thanks to some intrepid coders who sometimes frequent this community. Plus there are a library of additional unofficial integrations you can tap into. Lots of layers of complexity, but the initial setup is quite easy and configurable without any coding.

@whee and I have been thinking that we should have a “bringing up Home Assistant with Sense”. We’re not the experts (like the guys who actually built the integration), but can offer reasonable user pointers.

4 Likes

Thanks I got Home Assistant running on a Raspberry Pi 4 with very little effort. Sense and Tuya lights and switches were a breeze. Now getting the Google/Nest devices into it - Oh boy. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

That’s actually a really cool box and a nice idea. I have no clue how many people have their laundry in the garage AND have an EV, I think what they show with having 2 EVs is a lot more likely if a scenario. For me, I’d either need to drive my future car into my basement (not advised), move my dryer to the garage (wife would kill me), or run a 50’ extension cord to the garage (also sounds like a bad idea). I think I’ll ultimately just double tap my Sense breaker. Also, not sure how permanent this is, but if you sign up for NeoCharge’s emails, they’ll give you $79 off. Not too shabby.