This thread is being created as an offshoot of another thread where we have been trying to determine issues relative to KP115’s disconnecting from Sense.
In an effort to help on that threat I purchased 5 x KP115s and 3 x HS300s. I have connected many of those devices to the network and Sense has picked them up. The issues I’ve experienced are the opposite, whereas the Sense Monitor drops connections to the Sense Servers and the Kasa devices remain active.
It should be noted that this never happened prior to connecting the Kasa devices.
Original Thread: All five kp115 smart plugs went offline according to Sense but are still really on
Tech Support Ticket: #246852
First Occurrence: 07/02/21 @ 3:50PM (PST)
Second Occurrence: 07/04/21 @ 4:42PM (PST)
PCAPS: Available in the tech ticket
Total Outlets Connected: 19 (3 x HS300 / 1 x KP115)
- Both times the Sense Power Meter reports that the data dropped out within 30 minutes prior to the crash, as if there was a “mini crash” that it recovered from (see images).
- The Sense monitor remains connected to the AP/Network and responds to pings, sends ARP Requests, UDP Broadcasts and responds to unicast messages in return to the Broadcasts. No disconnect events are noted in the AP logs.
- Pings appear to be elevated @ 100-300ms but loss rate remains 0
- Power cycle on the Sense monitor restores normal communication
- No power cycle performed on any other devices including the Kasa devices.
- I tested channel changing on the Sense monitor to see if that had any ill affect on the monitor and while the monitor does go “offline” for a period of time, it recovers and fills in the gaps with what was locally stored. During this process there is a disassociation and re-association logged.
- I checked the network logs for any changes during the time frames where the monitor went offline and nothing was noted. No IP changes, cellular failover events, channel changes, channel utilization issues or anything of significance.
- There are no other devices experiencing difficulty at the same time.