Sense has detected my air handler, but only sorta but not really. Does an air handler do anything besides blow air?

I would still recommend leaving things alone for a while and then checking in on the longer-term patterns later.

As you’ve discovered, doing things deliberately (flipping breakers on/off) isn’t necessarily the best way of discovering what Sense might be interpreting. This also applies, imho, to the Human-Sense awareness switch: your exploration of what’s-doing-what is very useful for you to understand what Sense might be doing but the feedback loop of that understanding influencing Sense is long and less subjective … and in the meantime certain deliberate actions on your part could negatively influence Sense’s ability to track things.

1 Like

lol… that’s so hard to do for someone like me that likes to tinker, but I think you’re right. I renamed them ice maker 1 and ice maker 2 so at least in the future I’ll remember what I think they are, but I left the “this is a guess” switch on and I’ll just let Sense do it’s thing for a while.

Keep in mind that your ice maker has several components of its own.
For instance
Defrost coil
Motor to lift fill arm
Motor to turn ice ejector
Water valve solenoid

You could merge the ice make components together but not merge those with the fridge.
You could also merger everything to do with the fridge.
I choose to keep things like the fridge light separate so it doesn’t appear on the timeline that the compressor is turning on each time the door is opened.

1 Like

Waterboysh, what’s the update on these two “ice maker” devices? Has Sense nailed them down anymore, have you figured anything further out, or is everything just as it was 5 months ago? Curious minds want to know.

I merged them and named the device ice maker. It’s been very reliably detected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.