Sense is renaming custom named devices again?

Hey Dan,
I don’t understand the scenario you are describing as I haven’t experience it.
You are saying that when Sense finds a unknown device, it auto tags it “This is a guess”
Or if it auto renames something, it also toggles on “This is a Guess”.

Because in either scenario, the auto rename rules still apply in that it is “This is a guess” and the user didn’t name it. So even if it auto renames something and doesn’t toggle “This is a guess”, it still hasn’t been named by the user which leaves it open for auto renaming later.

The other part is that unless I’m missing something, anything that is “This is a guess” has the (?) auto appended to the device name, so it is visible to the user.
I just checked. I have an “Unnamed Heat 3” as set by Sense. There is no “This is a guess toggle” as it won’t even display it to be turned on until I try to rename the device on my own.
If I choose to pick one of the community names, then at the bottom before the save button, I see the option to toggle “This is a guess”

In any case, I think we all agree that the auto renaming needs to be reviewed, but I’m just trying to understand what you are describing.

I believe I have had times where Sense has detected a device and it auto named and also had the guess button toggled on.
If I remember correctly, this was for something like “heat 3”. Sense had correctly identified as a heat source but didn’t know what category. I had renamed to something like “maybe dishwasher ???” But Sense renames because the button was toggled on. I renamed but it was still renamed due to me not noticing the guess button or the “mystery heat” designation.
It’s been many months ago since has happened to me as once I figured out why it was happening, I make sure the toggle is off when I name a device.

Bugs of course do happen, but that does not sound right. If you see that again, definitely grab a screenshot and let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.