Sensor extension cables now available - 10/30/18

We’ve had lots of requests to make extension cables for the Sense current sensors available to help support distant solar feeds (like a solar sub-panel that isn’t right next to the main panel) and other needs. We now have those available in four lengths: 4’, 12’, 25’, and 40’ at a special page in our web store: store.sense.com/accessories

You’ll also find replacement parts like antennas, mounting brackets, and power cables should you need them.

We’ve added an article in our knowledgebase to help with any questions around installation.

Please let us know how these work for you, and what other accessories might be helpful for us to work on for the future!

11 Likes

It’s been a whle since I’ve installed my Sense, but I found the plastic mounting fitting for mounting the antenna very flimsy. I’d like to see a more robust mount made of metal or hd plastic with threads and a locknut. Similar to this 1/2” cgb, picture attached.
Thanks, David

1 Like

Very nice to see the longer cables. A couple common sized panel knockout grommets would be nice to include for external installs where you must feed the cables through the enclosure.

1 Like

Can these extension cables be daisy-chained to extend more than 40’?

(Yes, I know I’m reviving a 3.5-year-old thread. Seems like the best place to ask.) :man_shrugging::slightly_smiling_face:

if you keep the wires twisted you could go to a total length for the cables of any CT to about 100’ without any problems is my experience.
YMMV :wink:

1 Like

I wish Sense offered a wifi antenna extension cable. The short length limits where I can place my unit inside my panel… :frowning:

I was looking at aftermarket cords, and posted a thread on this board about it… but everyone felt like none of the 3rd party extension cables were safe to be inside an electric panel given that most of them had a metal screw nut…