Question: How do you leverage IFTTT to manipulate Sense’s detected devices?
My example: The Attic Fan will run continuously, based upon its established temperature/humidity settings. As a fix, I tied the Attic Fan’s on/off cycles (via smart plug) to the Refrigerator - which has to most frequent & stable operation cycles.
Background: Sense is my absolute favorite smart-device! I choose to pay attention to “Always On”, which has been in a decreasing range of (163w-94w) at the start of the year. I’ve recently obtained a consistent value of (89w), addressing the Garage Opener, Washer, and Dryer.
My last 30-day Energy Consumption is 443w, resulting in the following comparison of other Sense users:
- Similar homes in local area: 1,879w (93% lower @ 443w)
- Sense homes in Ohio: 1,686w (93% lower @ 443w)
- All Sense homes: 1,532w (88% lower & 443w)
- Usage History: (Hyperlink)
Native Detected Devices:
- 11:43am - 10/04/2019 1,817w - (Air Conditioner)
- 05:36pm - 09/19/2019 401w - (Garage Door)
- 01:05am - 09/23/2019 98w - (Fridge Light)
- 11:10am - 09/24/2019 89w - (Fridge)
- 12:15pm - 09/29/2019 200w - (Attic Fan)
- 12:15pm - 09/29/2019 434w - (Furnace)
- 07:39am - 10/17/2019 163w - (Ice Maker)
- 07:39am - 10/17/2019 1,470w - (Microwave)
- 01:41pm - 11/05/2019 30w - (Fridge Water Dispenser)
- 01:41pm - 11/05/2019 50w - (Water Heater)
- 01:41pm - 11/05/2019 57w - (Light: Master Bath)
- 01:41pm - 11/05/2019 28w - (Light: Microwave)
- 01:41pm - 11/05/2019 664w - (Dishwasher)
- 01:41pm - 11/05/2019 410w - (Oven)