OK - Had to grab my tablet to look, since the phone app only has the left side (responsive design). I have a number of devices that are on smart plugs, but never show up on the right because I’m guessing they don’t have a true Always On level. How could that be ? @ramon - this might be interesting for you too.
By the definition above, “Always On” is the 1% bin for the the previous 24 hours on a rolling 1 second basis. There are some situations where the 1% bin (the power level that is smaller than 99% of all the other samples and is larger than 1% of all the samples) over the past 24 hours was only hit once during the past 24 hours (that very sample). In that situation, there’s also a pretty good chance there were very few samples within the Always On range around that 1% bin value. I’m assuming that Sense is unlikely to declare an “Always On” value (on the right) if only 5 points out 86,400 (24 hours in seconds) are within Always On range…
Below are the hourly histograms for a couple of my smartplug devices that don’t show in the right column. Imagine the same for a seconds histogram. If the 1% bin hits in the middle of one of the “low density zones”, then you won’t likely have an Always On level for that device.
Bottom line is that it doesn’t matter if your Network smart plug is at 71 watts 99% of the time. It’s what’s lurking in that lower 1% that is going to determine your Always On or whether you will have a declared Always On in the right hand column.