Smart plug power data glitches

I’ve now had smart plugs (a handful of HS110s and one Wemo) for 2.5 months.

The wemo is still producing a huge 10kW spike several times a day. The Wemo discussion boards are not active; I don’t expect Wemo to fix the issue on their end. I do still hope that Sense can mask the erroneous readings on their end. I assume others with Wemo smart plugs have observed this behavior.

• I don’t have any Wemo smart plugs integrated with Sense.
  • No, I’ve never seen a ~10kW datapoint plotted in Sense’s device power meter.
  • Yes, I’ve seen such ~10kW spikes, but very rarely.
  • Yes, I’ve seen such ~10kW spikes…several a day.

0 voters

It looks like Sense is not forgetting about my HS110’s any more (or broadcast UDP packets are not being dropped within my home network…which I don’t think is the issue, as everything else on my network appeared to be working find during these events). I can’t catch this bad behavior via nightly Wireshark captures. I’ve gone nearly a month now where I have no obvious gaps in my HS110 devices’ power meter data. Whereas for the first 1.5 months, I would get frequent hour to day long gaps in data, even though during these times I could access the HS110 power data from the Kasa app.

• I don’t have any smart plugs integrated with Sense.
  • I have never noticed Sense loosing contact with any smart plugs.
  • I have noticed Sense loosing contact with my smart plugs for several hours, but not recently.
  • I continue to have Sense lose contact with my smart plugs for several hours.

0 voters

My router still reboots itself several times a day due to some DHCP issue with my ISP, but the network is only down for about a minute each time, and Sense must have a feature to deal with ~1 minute loss of response from smart plugs, as I see during these ~1 minute events a constant power consumption even on smart plugs that normally have a noisy power signature.