TP-Link HS110 smart plug detection

Over the weekend I got two TPLink HS110 plugs. I have only set one of them up at this point, but Sense has not found it. How long should it take? It seems like the Wemo plugs were found right away. For the TPLink plugs, the model is HS110, hardware version is 1.0, and firmware is 1.2.5 (which was updated when I connected it).

How long has it been since you connected it in the Sense app? It should be found pretty quickly after that process is complete.

Two days. We hooked it up on Saturday.

Do you have a firewall blocking it? This would be at router/gateway level.

Kasa set up LAN only or cloud access?

I can see it in the Kasa app outside my home network, if that’s what you mean. I can see the current power usage, etc, so it seems the plug is working fine.

My experience with the HS110’s is that they were detected within a few minutes of installing them and getting them connected to my network.

Just to clarify, you are sure they are HS110’s, right, not HS100’s?

(Edit: I just see that you mention they are showing current power usage, so yeah, they’re 110’s. I’d try removing them from Kasa, resetting them, and setting them up again perhaps)

I am experiencing the exact same issue. It’s been two weeks now without Sense detecting my HS110s. Please let us know if/how this issue gets resolved.

If you’re still having trouble with this (after making sure they’re on the correct firmware and making absolutely sure that they are the correct model as @oshawapilot noted), you should shoot a message over to Support. https://www.sense.com/contact

Thanks Ryan, will do. What is the correct firmware version? Like I mentioned, mine did update the firmware when I set it up, but I am not sure what the “correct” level is.

Stating the mostly obvious, but also just checking - Did you did enable the TP-Link integration in the Sense App? Since you mention that you have Wemos, I’m assuming you are familiar with the process, but again, just double checking.

SettingsGear>My Home> Connected Devices

Ah, I think that did it!! I didn’t realize you had to enable the Wemo’s and TPLinks separately. I just did that, and then I’ll log a ticket if it still doesn’t show up. Thanks!