Sorting/display of devices in Device tab - alphabetical or by magnitude

With the Nov 22 update, Sense changed the way devices are displayed in Devices tab to sort by magnitude of power drawn, with the largest at the top, then in descending order. This sort is dynamic and often results in devices with similar loads interchanging places, bouncing on the screen. Previously this list was displayed alphabetically for all devices pulling at least 1 watt (or about that) and therefore the sort order was relatively fixed, changing only as loads went on and off line.

I ask for the user be given the ability to choose the method for sort. This could be a toggle selection in one of the setup screens. This is of particular concern for users with a large number of smart plugs and smart strips, where many small but similar loads may be monitored.

5 Likes

I definitely believe the sorting order of devices listed on the Device Tab should be a user preference setting!

3 Likes

OMG, yes please! I just started using Sense and that was a pain point for me. Difficult to track something when it’s jumping all over the place!

3 Likes